Here at Granta Medical Practices we pride ourselves in being open-minded and forward thinking, offering a vibrant and thriving workplace and nurture exceptional talent.
Our values revolve around employee happiness and personal growth, whilst consistently improving the health and wellbeing of our patients. We all have a shared passion for creating the best patient journey possible.
Whether you are a GP, receptionist, nurse or secretary – every single employee has a part in making Team Granta the very best.
Keep an eye on this page for any current vacancies, or feel free to drop us a line introducing yourself email@example.com
We are looking for:
Paramedics for our Community Urgent Response Team, full or part time, hyrid remote. For further information and to apply please click here.
A Nurse for our Community Urgent Response Team, full or part time, hyrid remote. For further information and to apply please click here.
A Practice Receptionist, full or part time, based at Granta Shelford. For further information and to apply for this position please click here.
A Coder, full time, based at Granta Linton. For further information and to apply for this position please click here
A Primary Care Paramedic, part or full time, based at Granta Linton. For further information and to apply for this position please click here.
A Health Care Assistant, full time, based at Granta Sawston. For further information and to apply for this position please click here.
Are you a working GP?
Do you wish you could customise your job, including whether or not you do duty or have any admin?
If yes, then keep reading…
Granta are pioneers in delivering traditional, site based, and excellent healthcare for our patients, whilst having the advantages of working at scale. We recognise the changing face of General Practice, and that doctors (whether newly qualified or with many years under their belts) are keen to have as much flexibility as possible in their day to day, and work to their strengths, rather than doing all the roles historically undertaken by GPs in a different health climate. This shouldn’t require you to work as a locum.
What you may be looking for?
We are offering a completely customisable contract, whereby you start with a “base sessional rate” (dependant on level of experience) and then adding “bolt-ons” which result in a percentage increase in your pay. Bolt-ons include:
- Working duty sessions
- Holding a list and doing admin
- Taking part in an extended access rota (working evenings and Saturdays)
To put it simply, if you never want to work duty again, then don’t!
Our customisable contract offers:
- An initial agreement of your base contract and then desired bolt-ons (if all bolt-ons are added, this increases income by 22.5%)
- An initial 3-month and then 6-monthly review of your contract, to allow you to “add” or “remove” bolt-ons as required (to accommodate life events or changing circumstances, or if you simply want to earn a little extra before a big holiday!)
- The option to offer “transient bolt-ons” at times of need, if you don’t want to commit to it in your contract, paid as extras
- Flexible start times if not part of the duty rota (drop your children off to school and then come to work)
- Customisable contracts offered to GP Fellows also
- Base sessional rates are available on request.
What else does day-to-day working as a GP look like at Granta?
- An experienced team of 8 ECPs providing all home visits and care home management (with monthly GP oversight)
- A team of 11 Clinical pharmacists and technicians managing all medication reviews, discharge letters, medication queries and high risk drug monitoring
- 4 Social navigators, working closely and on-site with GPs
- Large admin team pre-reading, coding and managing letters (with medication changes then managed by clinical pharmacist team)
- On site first contact physios and mental health practitioners helping our patients
- Weekly clinical site meetings. Great for team building and CPD
- Morning tea breaks for social or clinical discussion on the rota
- Supportive Management team who listen and encourage positive change
- Close links to Addenbrooke’s plus in-house MDT reviews Psych’, Neuro’ and more
- In-house education programmes, training and research practice
- On-site pharmacy & dispensaries plus 24/7 collection points and delivery service
- Relocation costs? Discuss this with us also.
- We are a tier 2 visa sponsor
What does a GP career at Granta offer?
- A/L and S/L in line with BMA contract
- A Career development budget
- A Career development pathway with leadership and partnership opportunities
- In-house mentorship encouraged (even for non-fellows)
Can I be a GP Fellow at Granta?
Yes you can! We happily support the GP fellowship scheme and can offer bespoke fellowships given the wealth of in-house expertise that we have. You will have a GP specialist mentor to further your career in a particular direction of your choice, and given our wider team, this can include non-clinical aspects of general practice.
Fellowships include but are not limited to:
- Women’s health fellowship
- Dermatology fellowship
- Metabolic fellowship (diabetes / HTN / lipid management)
- Paediatric fellowship
- Surgical fellowships (minor surgery / ENT)
- Non-clinical fellowship (training and education / management in general practice)
We are proud to work as GPs and champion a move back towards working as a salaried doctor in a team, rather than being a locum. Our customisable contract allows this.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange an informal discussion or meeting with Dr Jonny Der Kureghian, one of our GP partners.